SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER - 2019 ARTS CAMP
ARTS CAMP LEADERS/HELPERS EXPECTATIONS
Thank you so much for your help! This is going to be a fun week.
Please review the expectations for being a leader at Arts Camp.
• Please have a smile and bubbly attitude when kids arrive each morning. Please greet/welcome each kid and parent. This is a good way to start the day.
• Please engage in the class time with your kids. I love a phone, but be present with the kids. It builds great relationships.
• Use a kind but firm tone if needed and grab/text me to intervene for repeat behavior issues - I am here to help you have the best week possible!
• Let the class teacher talk to kids about behavior issues and intervene if needed. This will save you from trying to figure out each individual teacher’s tolerance for annoying behavior. Just follow the teacher’s lead.
• Please stay on schedule. Don’t go into class early or leave class early (I’ll let teachers know too).
• Remind kids to use the restroom between classes. This is why I build in the 5 minute transition time so they don’t have to leave in the middle of class…it’s inevitable, but it helps to try!
• As kids are leaving, let them know you had a good day with him/her and express your excitement for the next day!
• Remember, it’s camp! HAVE FUN!! If kids aren’t allowed to be kids, they won’t want to come back!
• Y’all are awesome. This camp would not be successful without you!